Among the technologies used by Dr. Tabah and his team is the diode laser. This is a gentle and minimally invasive technology that is used for our periodontic care, but also for the preparation of certain surgeries performed in the clinic and for the treatment of oral diseases.
Discover the uses of the diode laser in various dental treatments and learn more about the its benefits, especially for patients. Your dentist in the Marché Central area, Dr. Tabah, provides information on diode lasers in the following.
What is the Diode Laser Technology?
The diode laser consists of a highly concentrated energy beam that can be applied precisely to a treatment area. In concrete terms, it can be used to disinfect the area, since the laser light beam can eliminate bacteria. For example, it is used in the treatment of gum disease and periodontal disease to disinfect tissue affected by inflammation. The laser also acts like a scalpel blade on soft tissue. Thus, it can be used to incise soft tissue, but without direct contact. It has the advantage of instantly cauterizing (sealing) blood vessels, thus limiting bleeding. The diode laser is therefore used for certain gum surgeries.
Your dentist uses the diode laser for the following procedures:
- Gum care: At various stages of periodontal disease, the laser can be used to thoroughly disinfect the gums and periodontal tissues. By eliminating bacteria, inflammation is treated and gum tissue is allowed to re-adhere to the tooth roots.
- Gum surgery: Laser can be used for gingivoplasty and gingivectomy, which are gum surgeries that are sometimes cosmetic.
- Preparation of a surgical site: since the laser can eliminate bacteria, it can be used to disinfect and prepare a surgical site, for example before placing a dental implant.
- Treatment of oral herpes: the laser’s light beam can be used to eliminate the viruses that cause the infection, without direct contact. This can reduce the frequency and recurrence of oral and labial herpes.
For the patient, the use of the diode laser offers several advantages:
- The treatment time can be reduced by using the laser;
- Its use is very precise, for minimally invasive care;
- Bleeding during surgery, as well as post-operative bleeding, is greatly reduced;
- Post-operative pain is also better controlled;
- Tissue healing is generally faster.
For periodontal care at Marché Central or for any other dental need, consult Dr. Tabah and his team. You will benefit from care provided with state-of-the-art technology.
the pain is unbearable?
when it comes to maintaining your overall health.
that specializes in gum disease.
is the most common health problem?
for replacing missing teeth.